Everything About Aveda
Aveda is a luxury hair care and cosmetics brand that prioritizes natural ingredients in its products. “Aveda” comes from an ancient Sanskrit word meaning “knowledge” or “the science of life.” The company was founded in 1978 by Horst Rechelbacher after he became disappointed with the ingredients in shampoos available on the market.
Reasons you should buy Aveda
1. Aveda products are free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, sodium sulfate, and artificial colors.
This is because Aveda only uses naturally-derived ingredients, plant-based ingredients, and safe synthetics.
2. Aveda is cruelty-free – it does not test its products on animals.
Aveda also has the Leaping Bunny logo on their products to signify that they do NOT support animal testing! Instead of testing its product on animals, Aveda uses human volunteer panels to determine product safety.
3. Aveda is a green company – it donates money from every purchase to help save the environment.
For every product sold, Aveda gives one tree to plant a new forest and conserves water in manufacturing its products by recycling their own manufacturing wastewater.
4. Aveda is a vegan company – it does not use animal-derived ingredients in its products.
Since the brand does not test on animals, this also means that none of its products contain any animal-based ingredients such as honey, beeswax, and lanolin. Aveda uses 100% pure plant oils and botanical ingredients.
5. Aveda has a wide range of products for different hair types and styles – from shampoos to hair styling products to serums.
Aveda’s core botanical principles can be found in all of its products that it offers, such as the Rosemary Mint Shampoo which invigorates the scalp while the Rosemary Mint Conditioner softens hair texture.
The company also offers styling products to keep your hair looking just the way you want it! When shopping at Aveda’s stores, you can have free samples of all of their products for you to try out before buying.